As an Organizer, you are the only one who can issue a refund. You can do this using your Payment Processor (i.e., WePay, Stripe, or PayPal) account. This refunds a payer's payment, as well as any associated PayIt2 and payment processor fees. Please see the following articles for more information.
- WePay: https://support.wepay.com/hc/en-us/articles/204125383-How-do-I-start-a-refund-
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/docs/refunds#dashboard
- PayPal: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/admin/refunds/#issuing-refunds-from-paypalcom
- Log into your PayIt2 organizer account.
- Visit your collection page's Manage List page.
- Scroll down to the payer whose payment you wish to refund.
- Click the payer's name.
- Under Payments, click the red REFUND button on the right side of the page.
- If you wish to issue a partial refund, click the "Refund a partial amount?" checkbox and enter the amount you wish to refund.
- Choose a refund reason. If desired, enter any notes that apply to the refund.
- Click the green Refund button at the bottom of the page.
- Click OK on the "Are you sure you want to refund this transaction?" pop-up.
As a collecting platform, PayIt2 does not collect any money, card information, or process any transactions. We merely facilitate the collection of money for an event, group payment, or fundraiser. This means that we do not have access to your Payment Processor account, and therefore cannot issue refunds on your behalf.